Pets may not be our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.
Our training philosophy is…
- New Mexico Dog Training Academy, LLC ® is a proud member of the Pet Professional Guild committed to NO Pain, No Force, No Fear training techniques.
- Strictly reward based training will be the foundation of our philosophy.
- Rewarding will be with food/treats, toy rewards, vocal praise, clicker, a word, pets and belly rubs.
- Training to create a canine-human relationship that has been built on both consistency and positive interaction.
Once you experience professional dog training, you will wonder why you waited until now. I look forward to working with you and your dog.
How we Work…
At New Mexico Dog Training Academy, we believe that working with your dog should be fun and engaging for everyone involved. We base our training on four key points:
- Learning to Communicate – Dogs don’t speak human and we don’t speak canine, so communication is essential to living with a furry family member. Training is teaching our dogs what we mean when we say things like “sit,” “come,” or “let go of my socks!”
- Creating a Strong Bond – Dog training is a team effort— you’re the captain, your dog is your teammate, and your instructor is your coach. We’re here to help you as much as possible, but it’s ultimately up to you to build your team spirit!
- Building a Solid Foundation – Whether your dog is destined to be an agility champion or the best-behaved pooch on the block, it all starts with the basics! We focus heavily on making sure you have the building blocks you need right from the start.
- Having Fun! – When we say “positive training for positive people,” we really do mean it! We do our best to make learning fun and exciting for people and their dogs.